Welcome

| 07 March 2007

Welcome to my new little space on the web. I will be focusing this blog primarily on gaming and development topics. A few side topics might sneak in from time to time, but my goal is to have a relatively narrow focus for this blog.

Currently, MMOs are taking up most of my gaming time with WoW taking a backseat to Vanguard. While I like the fluidity that WoW exhibits in its gameplay, Vanguard has been piquing my interest more and more due to the more complex mechanics and general content of the game.

My highest level character right now in Vanguard is a level 18 Dwarven Warrior. Over the next several weeks, I will be posting about my adventures in Telon - including some independent testing I will be doing. I have a few items in mind to write about, mainly to do with the mechanics of the game and the warrior class - and more will pile up as I continue to play.

I also tinker around in my free time with various development projects and items. In the past, I was tinkering more and more with game development - but that tailed off as my day job focused on database programming. As a result, most of my tinkerings were with database related projects - mostly web based systems - and eventually found me as one of the original four founders of the PostNuke project back in 2000 or 2001. It has been so long now since I have been involved with that project, that I don't even know where they are in terms of features and such. That said, I am looking to get my focus back on game development - as gaming is a passion for me, and creating games is something I have wanted to do for over ten years now.

0 comments: