So what's next?

| 17 August 2009

So Project Overlord is on the back burner. I had the design doc just about complete, and then decided to just skip the whole web platform for now, and start working on a real game.

I have some ideas in my head, but I need to play around for a bit with the toolset I just purchased (Torque 3D for anyone wondering). Not sure what my first foray will be - I want to jump right in and start working on a MMO, but my gut tells me I need to do something small first to get acclimated to the toolset and to brush up on my C++.

Just a quick update for now, will post more once I have spent some time with my new toytoolset.

2 comments:

cyan said...
August 18, 2009 at 9:31 PM

/whisper "XNA... XNA... " ;)

Alarion said...
August 20, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I looked at XNA, and even talked to my boss about maybe doing a little side-project on that platform. But I want a full toolset. Something I can fire up and get work done in the limited time I have (newly married, she already had a kid, etc).

NeoAxis was another engine/platform I was really looking at, but I had too linking issues trying to compile a new project with some of their libraries. Wrote a basic client/server proof of concept and it wouldn't link their Server library stuff in. So I dropped it :p